The United Lift program provides up to 12 months of unpaid rent and utilities—plus up to six months of future assistance—for eligible Riverside County residents.
Do you have what you need?
This program is open to anyone with any immigration status. Households must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for assistance:
- Renters and landlords only;
- At least one individual in the household has experienced financial hardship during or due to the COVID-19 pandemic (March 2020 to present). Full details available in the FAQs on our Resources page;
- At least one individual in the household demonstrates housing instability (for example, because of unpaid rent). Households with unpaid rent are prioritized in review. Applications requesting only future assistance are not prioritized in review.
- Household income level is at or below 80% of the area median income
Please provide the following to start your application. If you are missing documentation, we will partner with you on possible alternatives:
- Any VALID form of government-issued identification (for example, driver’s license, resident card, or passport from any country);
- Signed copy of lease agreement or landlord’s contact information;
- Documentation of financial hardship during or due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Documentation of household’s 2021 total income (note, you must provide income documentation for all income earners in the household);
- Any utility bill (if requesting utility aid).
Note, we may ask for additional information/documentation throughout your application process.
Is the answer yes?
Then you’re ready to start your application.
Once you have gathered the initial documentation, you may apply through our online application portal below or, in some regions, in person. To apply in person, please click here.
FRAUD: All suspected cases of rental and/or utility assistance fraud will be submitted to the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The intentional request for and/or acceptance of duplicated assistance benefits is considered fraud.
If you have everything you need, then you can start your application now.
Start Tenant Application
Apply now for rental and utility relief by choosing your city or community in the dropdown menu below.
Start Landlord Application
Landlords who have tenants that are behind on rent can initiate the United Lift application process on behalf of their tenants by completing the intake form below. If you are the landlord for more than one rental household, you will need to submit a form for each rental household.
Please keep in mind that for an application to be considered for funding, your tenant must provide consent and complete the tenant portion of the application process. We encourage you to notify your tenant before initiating an application on their behalf.
What happens next?
Once you’ve finished your application, the following will happen.
United Lift reviews most applications in the order in which they are received. Review typically begins within one to three months after the application is submitted. We understand this can be a significant wait time during a difficult period in your life. Rest assured, the program can cover any additional rental and utility payments that might accumulate during the wait period.
After applying, you’ll receive automated emails with updates on your status. You may also check your status at any time by choosing your city or community in the application status portal and logging in with the email address provided in your application. It is important to choose the correct city or community because the county is served by two separate organizations–Lift to Rise and Inland SoCal United Way.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis and review periods are dependent on the number of applications received. Generally, it can take one to three months for staff to begin reviewing each application. Once the application is under review, it takes about 10 days to process if the applicant provides any additional requested documentation in a timely manner.
If approved, United Lift will send payments directly to the landlord and/or utility provider.
To access application data for legal verification, please select the tenant’s city or community of which you are seeking application information.